This project is considered on hold. The project was removed from the Institute's LSIP listing following a decision by the Dutch government to support only the Green Hydrogen project submission in the first call of the NER300 competition.
Location: Zuid-Holland, Netherlands
Proponent: SEQ International BV
- SEQ International BV is proposing to build a new 340 MWe net (472 MWe gross) oxy-fuel natural gas-based power plant with carbon dioxide (CO2) capture.
- The oxy-fuel combustor will be integrated within a combined cycle gas turbine (CCGT).
- The plant will use low calorific natural gas supplied from UK and Dutch fields in the North Sea as a feedstock.
- Up to 2.5 million tonnes per annum of CO2would be captured at the plant.
- The CO2 would be transported back to the gas field in the North Sea where natural gas for the plant would be sourced.
- The project is being developed as part of the Rotterdam Climate Initiative.
- Technology providers and suppliers have been identified: Clean Energy Systems (CES) will deliver the oxy-fuel combustor, Linde Gas will deliver the air separation unit and supply the oxygen required, while Siemens will deliver the turbine.
- AES Transpower has been identified as potential lead investor in the consortium.
- The project is expected to become operational in 2017.